Transporter PRN (all shifts)
PRN-Various shifts mostly Eves till 9pm , day shift also and weekends days 8am -4:30pm
West Florida Healthcare is proud to be the only hospital in the area to offer all private rooms
as well as the areas only Accredited Chest Pain Center. The facility is also an Advanced Primary Stroke Center and is the areas only accredited Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. The West Florida Healthcare campus includes the all private room acute care hospital, the areas only comprehensive physical rehabilitation hospital, and a mental health facility.
Affiliated with HCA, the nations leading provider of healthcare, West Florida Healthcare offers major services in cardiology/cardiovascular surgery, oncology, neurology/neurosurgery, orthopedics, emergency care, behavioral health, obstetrics, rehabilitative medicine and many other medical specialties.
For more information about the hospital, visit www.westfloridahospital.com
The Transporter is responsible for transporting patients and equipment. Job tasks and responsibilities include:
- Transport patients to and from clinical, ancillary and support areas as requested.
- Assist clinical personnel in transferring patients to and from beds, wheelchairs or stretchers.
- Greet and offer assistance to customers throughout the hospital.
- Collect and deliver specimens, orders, requisitions and equipment to appropriate destinations.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
Job qualifications include:
- High school diploma or GED required
- BLS required
- At least one year of related experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus