Telemetry Tech, Part-Time
Our northern Utah facility serves a large community with our variety of services including: a cancer treatment center, women's services, cardiology services, and an alcohol and chemical dependency treatment center as well as many others. We were listed in the Truven Health Analytics top 100 hospitals for 2013 and continue our path of excellence in healthcare. Ogden Regional is at the heart of the mountains with over six ski resorts within an hour's drive. There is also a great downtown area with restaurants and shops to satisfy all tastes. With a great university down the road and many schools within driving distance, this hospital is in a great central location to meet all your family's needs.
Telemetry Tech Part-Time Days:6:00pm-2:00am
The Telemetry Technician continuously monitors the ECG pattern of all telemetry patients. In conjunction with the RN, the tele tech evaluates ECG rhythms, including alteration in intervals and alerts the RN to changes or life threatening alterations in the patients monitored, taking into consideration the age of patients monitored (i.e., adult and geriatric). The tele tech facilitates the documentation of ECG strips.
- As a CNA, systematically and continually contributes date regarding the status of the patient, assuring the application of age specific standards, communicating all changes in status to the nurse. As a CNA, provides and prioritizes patient care activities to deliver safe, efficient care, in a timely manner, following policies established by the department/hospital.
- Supports patient safety initiatives by recognizing, reporting, and documenting variances, promoting a safe environment.
- As a telemetry technician, continually monitors the ECG status of the patients and contributes data for the assessment of the patient, assuring the application of age specific standards.
- Assures that each patient is continuously monitored or accounted for in a “non-monitoring status”, according to the hospital policies established by the department.
- Under the direction of an RN, provides patient / family education, including cardiac rhythms, using age related standards.
- Communicates information to appropriate person/s accurately and timely, through verbal, written, and/or computer technology.
- Follows established policies and procedures to identify and reduce the risks of acquiring or transmitting infection by the use of personal protective measure.