RN Field Case Manager
Seeking: RN FIELD CASE MANAGERS
The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), Federal Employees' Compensation Program (FEC) is recruiting to contract with RNs to work with injured Federal employees in following areas: Ohio, Michigan and Indiana.
Assist injured workers and their treating physicians in coordinating treatment, promoting recovery, and facilitating return to work of the employee utilizing nursing case management services to include:
- Management of assigned cases to include initiating and maintaining correspondence with the injured employee, employing agency, claims examiner, and treating physician/medical providers on the goals, treatment, and progress of the case.
- Provide succinct written and billing activity reports. Attention to detail is a must.
Minimum Qualifications: (Resume should clearly show evidence of experience stated below)
- Current unrestricted Registered Nurse (RN) license in state of residency or multi-state license
- Two (2) years of adult medical-surgical clinical experience and two (2) years of case management experience in Workers’ Compensation or
- One (1) year adult medical-surgical clinical experience and three (3) years of case management experience in Workers’ Compensation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel) and ability to navigate a Windows environment
- Must have a designated private work space and access to secure high speed internet, fax and scanning
- Additional qualifications desired include: a basic knowledge of workers' compensation injuries and illness; outstanding verbal and written communication skills; high attention to detail with exceptional time management and organization skills; proven decision making and problem solving abilities
The reimbursement rate will be $90 per professional hour and $45 per non-professional hour. Selected applicants will be required to sign a Memorandum of Agreement for Contract Nurse Services and attend a 2 day mandatory certification training session/orientation at his/her own expense at the Cleveland, Ohio District Office, on dates TBD in April of 2018.
RN’s meeting requirements should send TWO copies of the following via mail to the address below:
- Fully completed OF 612 (access at http://www.federaljobs.net/forms.htm)
- RN license(s) showing expiration date
- The latest performance appraisal. If this appraisal is more than five years old, three letters of reference from three clients or former employers.
Tanveer Raja, RN, Staff Nurse Consultant
Office of Federal Employees Compensation
1240 East 9th St, 8th Floor, Rm 839
Cleveland, OH 44199
Applications for consideration must be postmarked by February 9, 2018.
Contact Tanveer Raja for questions at 216-902-5661 or firstname.lastname@example.org