Nurse Manager-Renton, Washington
Join us at the Intersection of Quality Care and Social Justice!
This position responsible for assisting the Health Center Manager, Medical Director, and the Health Systems Administrator in the oversight and support of all Nurse Clinicians within HealthPoint. Provides nurse clinician input and expertise to HealthPoint clinical QI activities, preventative health activities, infectious disease exposure readiness and management, and contribute to the maintenance and creation of updated patient education materials pertaining to our HealthPoint Medical Health Centers.
HealthPoint has been practicing full-spectrum outpatient family medicine in the suburban areas of Seattle, WA for over 46 years. Our progressive, mission-driven organization is dedicated to primary health care including: medical, dental, naturopathic medicine, OB/GYN care and behavioral health.
HealthPoint is a non-profit, consumer-governed, Community Health Center network serving the needs of the uninsured and medically underserved populations in 10 medical clinics, 7 dental clinics, 3 school-based health centers, and 4 health centers based in partner mental health offices.
We employ over 800 staff to deliver care to 87,000 patients annually.
Our supportive programs include behavioral health, nutrition counseling, acupuncture, urgent care, peer support, and case management. We are community leaders in initiating and developing collaborative relationships, as evidenced by our partnerships with educational institutions and many community agencies.
Nurse Manager Essential Duties and Responsibilities-
- Support the nurses to be integral members of the care team with a focus on the inter-disciplinary nature of our work that requires a team effort and partnership between all providers and staff at HealthPoint.
- Support nurses in care management and care transition coordination skills.
- Ensure adequate onboarding and ongoing training for Nurse Clinicians.
- Apply evidence-based healthcare practices and nursing standards to all HealthPoint initiatives and activities.
- Develop education and training programs for Nurse Clinicians that contributes to staff professional development, job skill knowledge (e.g. specific clinical topics such as cardiology, home nursing, diabetes, asthma or other requested or relevant topics). Ensure that employees are qualified and well-trained to perform their work, are highly engaged and well-informed and that they have the tools and other resources needed to perform their duties. Such resources and tools may include Nurse Skills Checklist and facilitated discussion, outside speakers, outside resources or presentations.
- Support Nurse Clinician related ad hoc training for organizational projects when needed.
- Provide leadership and guidance to Nurse Clinicians.
- Assist the Health Center Manager in the evaluation of Nurse Clinician performance and provide feedback, coaching, and mentoring to foster a strong adherence to existing standard work and guide problem solving for situations in which standard work does not exist.
- Participate in clinical quality initiatives and efforts within HealthPoint.
- Participate in the development of relevant standing orders and standard work in conjunction with the HealthPoint team that contribute to the improved quality of care for patients.
- Interface with outside entities when needed and educate relevant HealthPoint staff related to clinical aspects of operational topics. Examples include researching appropriate clinical codes and interfacing with outside entities (e.g. LabCorp or current Lab Services vendor) to improve the services provided to our patients and to improve the workflows of our clinicians within the clinical setting.
- Interface with Seattle King County Public Health and function as the primary contact with respect to infectious disease exposures and outbreaks within HealthPoint facilities.
- Participate in the interviewing and hiring of Nurse Clinician in conjunction with Nurse Clinician supervisors.
- Serve as an advocate for Nurse Clinicians with respect to interactions and decision making at an organizational level.
- Collaborate with key leadership positions, interdisciplinary teams and other stakeholders in order to develop, implement and evaluate programs and services.
- Review patient and staff data to measure the effectiveness of patient care and Nurse Clinicians within the HealthPoint system and at the level of population health management.
- Assist Clinical Programs in the development of the departmental budget with respect to Nurse Manager Needs.
- Facilitate nurse meetings, preparing the agenda, scheduling guest speakers and helping to ensure the content of the meetings are informative and relevant.
- Support and participate in the Credentialing Committee.
- Maintain good attendance, is punctual and works the full scheduled shift as a condition of employment.
- Demonstrates respectful, professional and appropriate behavior that supports a team oriented work environment.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission, core values and goals of HealthPoint as outlined in our key documents that include the “Strategic Framework and Core Values” document as well as the “Leader Compact and Core Values and Behaviors” document.
On Site Essential Duties and Responsibilities-
- Coordinate and deliver patient education to individuals and groups of patients.
- Provide direct coverage for clinic-based nursing needs up to 2 days per week, including but not limited to nurse clinician patient care duties and triage.
- Inform patients of abnormal lab test and x-ray results.
- Be available to provide support and education of Medical Assistants that includes mentoring, training and oversight in basic skills and procedures when covering a Nurse Clinician on site.
- Participate in on site clinical program activities for patients with chronic conditions when covering on site for a Nurse Clinician.
Education and/or Experience-
- Bachelors degree in Nursing from a four-year college or university (or related credential). Masters degree in Nursing preferred. Four to six years of nursing experience that includes at least 2 years each of leadership and ambulatory nursing experience. Community Health Center experience preferred.
Competitive Compensation and Benefit Offerings-
HealthPoint is committed to offering all employees a market-competitive compensation and benefit package.
Health benefits include 97.5% employer-paid medical insurance on the base plan and 100% employer-paid dental insurance for full-time staff. Dependent children medical and dental insurance premiums are paid at 50%. Additional paid benefits include:
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Life insurance
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program includes referral services for relocation assistance, daycare/eldercare, legal)
These employee-funded benefits are also available:
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) - both daycare and health care
- AFLAC supplementary insurance
Time away from the job is generously given beginning with 17 days Paid Time Off (PTO) for full-time employees the first year and 10 paid holidays per year.
Job Type: Full-time
Apply for Nurse Manager-Renton, Washington
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly