Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) Medical Surgical Unit Full Time Nights
C.N.A., PCU, Full-Time (.9 FTE), Nights
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed acute-care hospital offering a full range of services. Lawnwood is home to the most experienced Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast and offers diagnostic, interventional and therapeutic care, including open-heart surgery. Other hospital services include a 24/7 emergency department, pediatric emergency department, labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, and a full range of inpatient and outpatient general surgical services. Lawnwood provides the areas only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Level II Trauma Center, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Comprehensive Stroke Center.
Lawnwood is accredited by The Joint Commission and designated as Certified Primary Stroke Center. Lawnwoods Physical Rehabilitation Center is CARF accredited and, for 11 years in a row, the hospital is a Five-Star Recipient for the Treatment of Heart Attack by Healthgrades. At Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute, patients come first - no matter what!
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center is a member of the nations leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethispheres Worlds Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.
Working under the supervision of a RN, the Certified Nurse Assistant performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
- Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
- Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens.
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.