New Graduate Nurse (RN) - StaRN Nurse Residency Program (Med Surg/Med Tele %26 Step Down ICU)
Med Surg/Med Tele/ER/Step Down ICU and OR
Come Jump start your nursing career at
Lakeview Regional Medical Center. We are accepting applications for our StaRN
program starting June 11th and September 4th cohorts.
Apply Online TODAY!!!
Why Choose a Residency Program?
Transitioning from student to professional nurse can be challenging. Thats why we are committed to the development and training of the caregivers of the future. New grads like YOU.
How you begin your nursing career is no small decision. Our Nurse Residency program will give you hands-on clinical experience and help you develop critical thinking skills. As you learn youll be surrounded by a supportive community of experienced nurses and fellow nurse residents who will help you to be successful and grow your career.
What to expect as a Nurse Resident
- Clinical instruction by subject matter experts
- State-of-the-art simulation training
- Scenarios developed and managed by clinical experts
- Interaction between facility leaders
- Continual support from a mentor and preceptor
- Monthly educational seminars
- Opportunities for training in specialty areas such as ER, OR and ICU
- Evidence-based capstone project
Clinical and Professional Development
Our Nurse Residency program is a year-long program comprised of two phases:
- Specialty Training Apprenticeship for Registered Nurses
a 12-14 weeks program designed to develop your clinical skills working alongside a qualified preceptor during patient care and through, hands-on simulation training and classroom education.
The StaRN curriculum is based on the American Association of Critical Care Orientation (ECCO) core curriculum. The program will also provide introduction and training to the EMR system for your facility.
- Professional development Partner with a mentor, attend monthly seminars, and complete an evidence-based capstone project.
What you will gain as a nurse resident
- Advanced clinical training in a specialty area
- A full-time position with BLS, ACLS, National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale and Crisis Prevention Institute Certifications
- Support from a community of caring, experienced nurses
- Opportunity to advance your career in one of the largest healthcare systems in the country by joining one of our HCA facilities.
Please check out this video from RN's that went through the StaRN Program:
About Lakeview Regional Medical Center
Find a job in healthcare with Lakeview Regional Medical Center, centrally located between Mandeville and Covington, Louisiana. Lakeview is a full service, acute care facility providing inpatient and outpatient healthcare to St. Tammany Parish residents. Our 172-bed, state-of-the-art facility provides the most advanced, medical and surgical technologies available, along with personalized patient and family-based care in a safe, suburban community
- 95 Judge Tanner Blvd. Covington, LA 70433
- For Profit
- Established: 1977
- Lakeview Regional: 167 licensed beds and an additional 11 NICU beds
- Number of physicians: 1,300
- Number of FTE RNs/LPN: 250
- Number of full time employees: 800