Registered Nurse (RN) / Endoscopy / Per Diem / Varied Hours as Needed
is a 209-bed acute care hospital located in Portsmouth, NH, and is part of HCA, the nations largest provider of healthcare services. Portsmouth Regional Hospital serves the seacoast regions residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts and is also one of the areas largest employers. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction.
RN - Endoscopy
POSITION SUMMARY: The RN demonstrates independence in planning, organizing, administering, and evaluating patient care in accordance with the NH Nurse Practice Act, recognized nursing techniques, clinical and administrative policies.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Provide patient and family education and discharge planning.
2. Recognize and respond to changes in a patients condition.
3. Provide assessment and care of the pre-op, intra procedure and phase II recovery endoscopy patient
4. Demonstrate knowledge of normal anatomy and physiology for child, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient
5. Provide safe medication administration including use of venous access devices.
6. Demonstrates proficiency in IV insertion.
7. Competent in Moderate Sedation administration
8. Demonstrates ability to utilize and troubleshoot all equipment required for procedures.
9. Assists physician with endoscopic and outpatient procedures using aseptic technique.
10. Utilizes all computer systems required for job function