Registered Nurse (RN) Ambulatory Surgical Care
LewisGale Medical Center (LGMC) delivers quality care to our patients located in the beautiful mountainous region of Southwest Virginia. LGMC is a 521-bed acute care facility and is the largest hospital in the LewisGale Regional Health System (LGRHS). Through our extensive network stretching from the Alleghany Highlands and Rockbridge County to the Roanoke and New River Valleys, we have the privilege of serving more than 250,000 patients each year.
LewisGale is also ranked among the top hospitals in Virginia and the nation for benchmarked quality cancer care, patient safety and satisfaction and health outcomes. Lastly, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) have ranked us among the top hospitals nationwide on quality measures for our services and treatments to address heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care.
Responsibilities of the ASC RN:
- Demonstrates accountability for essential clinical knowledge to positively affect patient outcomes within the scope of nursing practice while assessing, planning, intervening and evaluating care.
- Demonstrates strong and accurate clinical judgment and competent or expert nursing skills while following established policies including those related to confidentiality (written, verbal, electronic and digital).
- Documents effectively, succinctly, and timely according to organizational policy.
- Incorporates time management and prioritizes for efficiency and productivity.
- Follows LGMC process for dispensing of medications and narcotic control and employs clinical judgment related to medication administration.
- Additional information about our Surgical Services Department
Check out the culture at LGMC!