Registered Nurse (RN) Medical Surgical (Med-Surg) 5 Tower
Tomball Regional Medical Center - Tomball, Texas
Registered Nurse - Medical Surgical 5 Tower
Since 1976, Tomball Regional Medical Center (TRMC) has provided quality healthcare to the communities we serve including emergency care, labor and delivery, a level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), general surgery, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, acute inpatient rehabilitation, sports medicine, physical therapy, orthopedics, outpatient testing, wound care and many others. Our 150-acre campus and 191 bed hospital also features designated specialty centers: the Heart Center, the Tomball Regional Medical Center Wound and Hyperbaric Center, and Texas Sports Medicine Center.
Tomball Regional Medical Center is currently looking for a Registered Nurse - Medical Surgical 5 Tower
- Under the general direction of the Director/Manager, Medical/Surgical Unit, the Registered Nurse is responsible for the provision of safe and effective care to patients admitted for specialized care.
- Is responsible for initiating, guiding, and directing the coordination of services provided by the nursing unit.
- Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education to promote effective management of the areas of responsibility.
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided by the unit.
- Makes decisions regarding activities for the unit based on Administrative Operational Standards, Department of Nursing Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Unit Standards with collaboration with the Chief Nursing Officer in unusual situations.
- Assesses, monitors, records, reports, and follows through on symptoms or changes in patients' conditions.
- Creates and maintains accurate, detailed reports and records.
- Consults and coordinates with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, evaluate, and modify the plan of care, as indicated by the patients responses and conditions.
- Delegates nursing tasks as appropriate and safe, but retains accountability for patient care
- Provides individualized education for the patient, family, and or caregiver throughout the continuum of care.
- Adheres to standards of safety and infection control, in the delivery of patient care.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of and complies with all policies and procedures related to the performance of job duties
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge regarding operation of patient-related equipment
- Demonstrates proficiency in performance of job-related technical skills
- Demonstrates current knowledge of medications, actions, contraindications, and adverse reactions.
- Consistently attends and actively participates in unit meeting
- Serves as a participant on Nursing service committees and/or unit projects
- Accountable for maintaining and improving own professional nursing knowledge/competence through establishment of personal goals and continuous self-development
- Uses job knowledge/proficiency of skills to successfully assist in orientation of new employees
- Ensures personal safety and the safety of patients and visitor
- Includes principles of infection control in nursing care implementation
- Demonstrates knowledge of Patient safety goals.
- Completes other activities as assigned
- Displays a positive attitude in a professional and courteous manner on a daily basis while performing job duties.
- Accepts changes in responsibility in a positive and effective manner
- Accepts constructive criticism and profits by translating it into positive action
- Displays customer service orientation when providing care/services
- Maintains an environment conducive to open communication, cooperation, and positive staff development through active listening and other effective communications
- Serves as a role model to others demonstrating desirable work habits by creating an atmosphere of pride in workmanship
- Supports hospital mission, objectives, decisions, and policies
- Identifies when a CNA is in need of RN assistance for completion of patient care assignments, willing assist CNA with passing/collecting meal trays, linen changes, bathing/ambulating patients etc.