Registered Nurse (RN) Surgical Progressive Care Unit PRN
Registered Nurse, SPCU, PRN
St. Lucie Medical Center
Port St. Lucie, FL
St. Lucie Medical Center is a 229-bed acute care facility accredited by The Joint Commission and designated a Top Performing Hospital. Since 1983, SLMC has continually provided quality care to the Treasure Coast community. The combined efforts of more than 350 skilled physicians and more than 800 dedicated employees have resulted in one of the most comprehensive healthcare facilities in Port St. Lucie. St. Lucie Medical Center offers a full range of services that include a birthing center, cardiac catheterization lab, cancer care, minimally-invasive techniques, digital mammography, general and vascular surgery and wound care and hyperbarics. It is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, Blue Distinction Maternity Care and Blue Distinction for Hip and Knee. Additionally, SLMC is home to the only Senior-Friendly ER and Orthopedic & Spine Institute.
St. Lucie Medical Center is a member of the nations leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethispheres Worlds Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
The Surgical Step-Down RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.