Registered Nurse (RN)--PACU
TriStar Centennial Medical Center
- Nashville, TN
Registered Nurse (RN) - Tower PACU -- PRN
Our 657 bed hospital is both nationally and locally recognized, including being named as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals in the areas of cardiology, stroke, orthopaedics and breast cancer management. As a result of the continued advances in quality care, many improvements in all areas of healthcare have been made and thousands of lives have been significantly impacted. This position will play a key part in continuing our success!
The Tower PACU
is comprised of 15 recovery bays, complete with full monitoring capacity, 1 isolation recovery room and the Nurse Manager's office. The PACU provides full-service comprehensive tertiary immediate post-op (Phase 1 Recovery) care to patients. The clinical indications for use of the PACU include, but are not limited to: recovery, airway management and Pain management of the immediate post-op patient. Care plans are customized to address the needs of the patient, standards of care, and based on the surgical procedure performed.
- Renal Transplant
- Minimal Cardiovascular
Centennial Medical Center
is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) - Tower PACU.
- Monitor, record, and report symptoms or changes in patients' conditions
- Maintain accurate detailed reports and records.
- Record patients 'medical information and vital signs.
- Order, interpret and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients' condition.
- Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patients' responses and conditions.
- Direct or supervise less-skilled nursing or healthcare personnel or supervise a particular unit.
- Consult and coordinate with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, or evaluate patient care plans.
- Monitor all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity.
- Instruct individuals, families, or other groups on topics such as health education, disease prevention, or childbirth and develop health improvement programs.
- Prepare patients for and assist with examinations or treatments.
- Prepare educate patients on discharge instructions
- Demonstrates sound knowledge base in nursing practice and its clinical application to the patient population served in the unit including the operation of equipment and policy and procedure used in the delivery of care in the unit.
- Has knowledge of and performs in accordance with ASPAN Standards
- Has knowledge of surgical procedures, techniques and consequent nursing interventions.
- Able to recognize and respond critical markers and assists in corrective action based upon nursing standards, policies and procedures and protocol.
- Demonstrates self-directed learning and participates in continuing education to ensure professional growth.
- Demonstrates professionalism in interactions with patients, physicians, nursing staff and other patient care members and co-workers.
- Demonstrates flexibility to assist in achieving safe, effective and efficient staffing and scheduling.
- Cooperates with other personnel and stakeholders to achieve organizational mission and strategic objectives and maintain positive relations throughout the organization.
- Supports the facilities Standards of Performance and ICARE values