RN Infection Control Preventionist
Brandon Regional Hospital is located in the Tampa Bay area along Florida's Gulf Coast. The Hospital is a 438-bed acute care facility offering a number of specialty services including the Heart & Vascular Center, where the latest in cardiovascular surgery and minimally invasive techniques are performed, The Behavioral Health Center, The Women's Center, which includes our Baby Suites and 22 bed neonatal intensive care unit, The Reflux Center and a designated Bariatric Center of Excellence.
We offer more specialties, more special opportunities and more ways for you to express your passion for quality and expand your potential for success. Join us at Brandon Regional, part of the growing HCA West Florida hospital system. Our friendly community hospital boasts a close-knit caring staff of professionals that looks out for its family, neighbors and friends.
The Infection Control Practitioner coordinates the hospitals Infection Control in compliance with the established policies, procedures and standards of care. Provides surveillance and education relative to the prevention, detection, identification and control of infectious/communicable diseases within the hospital.
Role Accountabilities Include:
- Performs assessment, reassessment, development and implementation of the Infection Control Plan in accordance with regulatory agencies and all federal and state requirements.
- Assesses patients for risk of transmission or exposure to infections and implements appropriate safety precautions and follow up procedures.
- Utilizes and integrates all available pertinent data in developing Infection Control Plan that meets the needs of all customers.
- Interprets data to determine when patients or employees are at acute risk for infection and takes appropriate measures including notifying physician and/or Department Director.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the specific conditions, diseases, and treatment therapies for the specific patient/health care worker population of the organization.
- Participates in patient rounding to improve patient outcomes and positively affect overall patient experience.
- Conducts surveillance, reporting, data analysis and identifies healthcare associated infections using NHSN criteria, CDC guidelines. Complies with CMS, notifiable diseases and organizational reporting requirements.