RN/Registered Nurse - Wound Care
- Coordinates all Wound Care Management with in the facility.
- Works to ensure promotion and establishment of effective quality achieved through care and process improvements, outcomes management, and evidenced based clinical practice guidelines, implementation of action plans and follow-up.
- Participates in the selection of products, beds and skin care assistive devices achieving a purposeful and controlled connection surrounding quality of care for our patients.
- Responsible for with application and changing of Wound Vacuum Assisted Closure (V.A.C.) to include assisting with application of the Wound VAC in the OR and on nursing units, along with monitoring and education of the use of this equipment.
- Collaborates and educates physicians and staff regarding changes in evidenced based clinical practice, policy changes, and needs.
- Conducts interdisciplinary team meetings focused on achieving a purposeful and controlled connection surrounding wound care as deemed necessary
- Quarterly performs the prevalence survey collection of data as required and inputs the data into NDNQI
- Reports outliers through the notification reporting system that are not POA and are Hospital Acquired and assists with RCAs or development of action plans in accordance with prevention
- Functions as a liaison between patient and physician by reinforcing and interpreting principles of Ostomy and Wound Care
- Provides ongoing education to staff; identifies strengths and opportunities for growth
- Functions as a resource in the multi-disciplinary team approach to provide acute and rehabilitative care for patients with select disorders of the gastrointestinal, genitourinary and integumentary systems
- Functions as a resource in the multi-disciplinary team approach to provide necessary equipment (beds, chairs_ and education needed to assist in the care of the Bariatric population.
- Collects daily statistics of the number of patients see by wound nurse, as well as usage of rental equipment and reconciliation for payment regarding the equipment