Administrative Nursing Coordinator, Per Diem, On Call - Varied Shifts & Hours
Capital Health is the region's leader in advanced medicine with significant investments in advanced technologies and the best physicians. Comprising its two hospitals (Capital Health Regional Medical Center in Trenton and the Capital Health Medical Center - Hopewell) and the Capital Health - Hamilton outpatient facility, Capital Health is a growing healthcare organization that is accredited by The Joint Commission. Capital Health has also received Magnet® status for the fourth consecutive time in recognition of its quality patient care, innovations in professional nursing practice, and nursing excellence. Only 29 organizations in the country have received Magnet status four times and five of those organizations are in New Jersey. In addition, our nursing team received special recognition for excellence in stroke and outpatient emergency care.
This position functions as the liaison to the administrator on call. Supervises and coordinates all activities of Capital Health in the absence of senior management team.
- Assumes role in identifying staff issues, counsels staff and collaborates with the nurse manager to provide oversight for new employees.
- Investigates incidents and accidents in order to ensure appropriate and accurate response, action and documentation.
- Communicates and disseminates information and directions while on duty.
- Evaluates clinical and administrative solutions in conjunction with the nurse manager and nursing staff.
- Makes rounds throughout the hospital to assess the quality of nursing care and to determine the needs for individual units.
- Responds to emergencies and codes, and coordinates activities.
- Graduate from an accredited nursing program.
- Three years of registered nurse experience, two of which are recent experience in an acute healthcare setting.
- Valid NJ RN license.
Easy commute from PA and major NJ routes.
Find out why our 3000+ employees have chosen Capital Health.
For more information and to Express Your Interest In Less Than 60 Seconds, please visit http://www.capital.attnhr.com/jobs/148830
Equal opportunity employer.