Mainland Medical Center
â€“ Texas City, TX
Nurse Tech â€“ Medical/Surgical
Founded in 1952, Mainland Medical Center
has been part of Galveston County for more than 55 years. Originally a 90-bed hospital, we have grown to a 223 bed acute care facility offering quality, compassionate care with state-of-the-art services. Our services include inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services. Mainland Medical Center is part of the HCA Gulf Division, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers, cancer centers, and diagnostic imaging facilities. It offers a complete continuum of specialized health programs and services that meet the needs of Greater Houston and South Texas residents and businesses. Our growth is truly a reflection of the changing needs of our community, our patients and rapidly advancing medical technology. Our services include:
- Breast Care Center
- Cardiovascular Services
- Center for Sleep Disorders
- Center for Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine
- Emergency Services
- Level II Neonatal Intermediate Care Unit
- Occupational Health and Wellness
- Senior Mental Health
- Womenâ€™s Services
Mainland Medical Center
is currently looking for a Nurse Tech â€“ Medical/Surgical.
- Safely and properly delivers age and specialty-appropriate nursing care to assigned patients.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living.
- Provides basic nursing care of patients. Encourages patient/family participation in care and provides emotional support and comfort measures to them.
- Demonstrates knowledge of legal consequences of nursing activities. Respects and supports patient rights while practicing principles of patient and employee confidentiality. Recognizes ethical dilemmas, utilizes available resources, and seeks assistance in dealing with them.
- Practices and promotes proper aseptic technique, infection control measures, and body mechanics.
- Assists in maintenance of a safe and clean environment under the direction and supervision of a licensed nurse.
- Competently and consistently completes accurate, concise, and legible documentation on all patient, unit, and hospital records.
- Supports/participates in unit-based continuous quality improvement activities.
- Functions as an inter-dependent and supportive team member.
- Maintains clear and respectful communications with patients, family, physicians, and other healthcare providers.
- Assists in maintaining a positive learning environment.
- Exchanges constructive feedback with peers.
- Assumes responsibility for remaining current on job-related knowledge and skills and ongoing education/in-service/credentialing/certification/licensure requirements.
- Performs bedside glucose, obtains vital signs and all intake and output excluding IVs and tube feedings. Collects urine specimens. Performs unit-specific tasks as outlined on the competency skills checklist.
- Assists nursing staff with cardiac monitoring of patients and alerts of any changes.
- Assists with the admission, transfer and discharge of patients.
- Adheres to and complies with HCA Code of Conduct as part of Ethics and Compliance program. Attends annual training sessions.
- Must complete one hour per month of Continuing Education Module available on Healthstream.