Regional Resource Nurse Manager
f you've been a skilled nursing Director of Nursing and you enjoy challenge, variety, travel , then consider one of the nation's largest providers of skilled nursing, Genesis HealthCare, as a Regional Resource Nurse Manager (RN)!
Reporting directly to the Director of Clinical Operations, the Regional Resource Nurse Manager has an active RN license and an assigned geographic territory of skilled nursing centers where the primary responsibility will be to serve as the acting temporary Director of Nursing until a permanent replacement is found. You will also be part of the intervention team within the same territory assisting centers with systems/process assessments, implementation plans, and mentor nursing center personnel.
A comprehensive benefit package that includes but is not limited to bonus, stock, travel reimbursement and so much more is offered with this position!
The Regional Resource Nurse Manager is an ideal role for a Director of Nursing (DON) looking to take their career to a new level. The Regional Resource Nurse Manager travels to various nursing centers within the Southern/Southwestern TX market to act as the temporary Director of Nursing (Center Nurse Executive) and when needed, to perform systems/process assessments, create implementation plans, and mentor nursing center personnel.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Interim Nurse Manager is an integral part of the Area's crisis intervention team. In such capacity, the Interim Nurse Manager understands the needs of the Area, and is able to prepare specific, well-defined plans for each situation. He/she travels, by pre-arrangement, to various nursing centers within the Area to perform systems and process assessments, design new systems and processes, create implementation plans, and teach/mentor nursing center personnel. The incumbent will also act as the temporary Director of Nursing when necessary.
1. Participates in the development, implementation and on-going evaluation of clinical priorities in the assigned center.
2. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of care delivery processes.
3. Reviews outcomes reports to identify problems/trends and makes recommendations for improvement.
4. Evaluates center processes and systems for completion of MDS, and to ensure state documentation and transmission are efficient and working successfully. Makes recommendations for system and process changes as needed and appropriate.
5. Monitors the center-conducted Quality Improvement process and participates in the Pre-Survey process. Makes recommendations and takes appropriate action to ensure compliance with established standards.
6. Advises and assists center nursing administration to ensure compliance to staffing budgets and regulations. Reviews staffing levels relative to standards of care, and makes appropriate recommendations as needed.
7. Works to help staff to maintain compliance with nursing policies and procedures, state and federal guidelines. Provides input to other departments, as necessary, relating to adherence to policies and procedures.
8. Serves as a professional role model to others for nursing leadership and practice.
9. Assists nursing management with coordinating appropriate training for program implementation, and conducts training as needed.
10. Evaluates the effectiveness of center-based staff development and in-service training.
11. Keeps the Directors of Clinical Operations informed and abreast of center issues. Immediately reports problems, issues or concerns.
12. Works in conjunction with Managers, Clinical Operations and Director of Operations to ensure that systems and processes are in place to guarantee appropriate care delivery.
13. Participates in hiring, orientation, training, and on-going support of center nurse management staff.
14. Supports centers during regulatory surveys. Helps design, review and monitor outcomes of plans of correction.
15. Provides routine written documentation of ongoing interventions to Director of Clinical Operations.
16. Maintains current licensure.
17. All other duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:1. RN or Bachelor's Degree required.2. Minimum 2 years experience in the long term care environment. as a Director of Nursing (DON) 3. Two additional years of experience in long term care nursing.4. Maintains current license in one or more states.
For more information or questions on how to apply contact: email@example.com
EEO/AA, M/F, Vet, Disabled