RN -Clinical Manager / Specialty Practice Setting position available.
Job Title: Clinical Manager Reports To: Practice Manager and Physicians
Responsibilities: To coordinate daily operation of the clinical department.
Essential Job Duties:
- Coordinate clinical department ensuring safe, high quality patient care, confidentiality and proper EHR documentation
- Provide direct supervision to clinical staff
- Problem-solving resource for staff and patient issues
- Develop clinical department schedule and staffing with practice manager
- Clinical staff orientation, training, education, evaluation
- OSHA Compliance Officer
- Maintain medication and supply inventories
- Telephone triage
- Manage prescription refill requests
- Obtain medical records from outside sources prior to office visits
- Schedule patient appointments and procedures as ordered
- Assist physicians as needed
- Patient and family education
- Maintain professional contacts with outside facilities
- Manage incoming and outgoing patient information appropriately
- Reconcile orders for completeness (labs, procedures, referrals)
- Assist with clinical research studies
- Participate directly in patient care: vital signs, medication administration, phlebotomy, lab specimen preparation, in office labs
Education: RN or BSN from an accredited degree program
Experience: Six months to one year as an office nurse, desired. Knowledge or experience in nephrology a bonus, but not required. Prior supervision of medical assistant staff preferred.
Requirements: Current North Carolina State license. Current BLS certificate.
- Knowledge of nursing practice principles and techniques, occupational health and safety hazards and standards
- Knowledge of supervisory techniques
- Knowledge of clinical and healthcare advancements
- Knowledge of principles of employee development to ensure training of staff
- Knowledge of quality measures and programs, highly desired
- Skill in applying the principles, methods and techniques of professional nursing
- Skill in identifying problems, researching and recommending solutions
- Skill in developing and maintaining a high level of quality care
- Skill in exercising initiative, judgement, discretion and decision making
- Ability to manage overall clinical department
- Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the practice
- Ability to efficiently organize many tasks simultaneously with accuracy and deal effectively with changing priorities
Equipment Operated: Standard nursing equipment and office equipment. Computer hardware and software including electronic health record(s.)
Work Environment: Medical office, clinical setting. Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, biohazards, bloody and body fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other common clinic conditions.
Mental/Physical Requirements: Requires working at a computer, standing and walking for extensive periods. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds. Occasional stress caused by level of responsibility.
Apply for RN -Clinical Manager / Specialty Practice Setting position available.
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly