Our northern Utah facility serves a large community with our variety of services including: a cancer treatment center, women's services, cardiology services, and an alcohol and chemical dependency treatment center as well as many others. We were listed in the Truven Health Analytics top 100 hospitals for 2013 and continue our path of excellence in healthcare. Ogden Regional is at the heart of the mountains with over six ski resorts within an hour's drive. There is also a great downtown area with restaurants and shops to satisfy all tastes. With a great university down the road and many schools within driving distance, this hospital is in a great central location to meet all your family's needs.
C.N.A Medical Unit: PRN- 1 shift per pay period required. Can work more shifts on the unit. Shift is 14:00-22:00.
Under the direct supervision of the Clinical Supervisor/Charge Nurse, the Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A.) is responsible for supporting the nursing staff with routine duties. Promotes a positive teamwork environment, which emphasizes respect to all including, patients, families, physicians, staff and other departments.
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients and assists with activities of daily living.
- Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
- Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens.
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care to the adolescent, adult and elderly population.
- Orients and mentors new staff members and volunteers.
- Follows Universal Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Responds to all emergencies as needed.
- Floats to other departments as needed.
- Documents interventions and patient notes in Meditech as appropriate.
- Able to start peripheral intravenous punctures in the arms if certification completed through the education center.
- Complies with Hospital mission, HCA's Code of Ethics and completes annual education on Healthstream and skills competency check-offs.
- Promotes the patient's bill of rights.
- Accountable for adhering to the "I am ORMC" commitment.
- Understands and supports the nursing philosophy and hospital mission as it applies to the department.
- Attends 80% of the staff meetings held during the year.
- Adheres to the Hospital's Safety policies and demonstrates safe practices in all patient care.