Nursing Technician PRN, Women%27s Health/Oncology
We are seeking a Nursing Technician PRN to join the Womens Health Unit at Johnston-Willis Hospital.
The Womens Health Unit at Johnston-Willis Hospital is a 15 bed gynecological medical surgical unit. Most of our patients are post-operative surgical, with 50% of the unit made up of gynecological oncology patients. The robotics program on the unit is robust; we are proud that Johnston-Willis Hospital has been named a da Vinci Center of Excellence.
Our compassionate and committed Nursing Technicians, partnering with our Registered Nurses, are skilled in caring for patients who are experiencing womens health conditions and who are undergoing or recovering from both surgical and non-invasive procedural procedures. Our patients average length of stay is 4 days. The pace on the unit is fast; on a typical day we might start with 15 patients, discharge 10, and get 10 more in from the OR that same day. Patient nurse ratio is 4:1 on the unit.
The Womens Health clinical team consists of a mix of new graduates who have completed our renowned StaRN Nurse Residency Program and who are still in orientation, to tenured nurses who have been on the unit 30 years. The environment is very supportive and team-oriented, one where our techs, nurses and physicians work together closely to assure our patients care is exemplary.
At Johnston-Willis Hospital, we have been delivering top quality healthcare to Greater Richmond and the Tri-Cities area for more than 100 years, which means our patients can depend on our experience to provide the exceptional care they need. Our 292-bed hospital offers a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in addition to inpatient rehabilitation such as cancer care - through the Thomas Johns Cancer Hospital, our ER which is a state-authorized level III trauma center, and neuroscience, including our first-in-Richmond Gamma Knife Center.
The Nursing Technician at Johnston-Willis:
1. Demonstrates the knowledge and skill to provide care to the cardiac/medicine patient under the direction of the professional nurse.
2. Performs job tasks to ensure personal, patient and departmental safety.
3. Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers. Documents required information according to hospital policy.
4. Functions in an organized and time conscious manner.
5. Presents self in a professional manner.
6. Uses computer proficiently.
7. Demonstrates proficiency in using the cardiac monitoring system.
8. Promotes fiscal responsibility and supports the goals and objectives of the units, department, and organization.