Patient Care Technician PRN - Progressive Care Unit
John Randolph Medical Center is a community hospital serving Virginias Hopewell, Colonial Heights, Petersburg and surrounding communities since 1915. At our hospital, you can access the advanced technology and sophisticated treatments typically found in larger medical centers, alongside high-quality, expert care and a welcoming environment.
The Patient Care Technician PRN will perform the following:
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill to perform all patient record and transcription activities.
- Uses Meditech, and Bedboard software proficiently. Able to utilize intranet and teletracking systems.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Handles complaints in a courteous and professional manner.
- Functions in an organized and time conscious manner.
- Presents self in a professional manner.
- Anticipates needs of physicians to enhance patient care.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient, employee and departmental information.
- Insures appropriate test schedules and tracking of patients through out the system.
- Maintains patient record according to hospital policy.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skill to provide care to cardiac/medicine patients under the direction of a licensed nurse.
- Performs tasks to ensure personal, patient, and departmental safety.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with customers and presents self in a professional manner.
- Documents required information according to established guidelines.
- Functions in an organized and efficient manner.
- Promotes financial responsibility.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and educational activities. Supports the goals and objective of the unit/department/organization.
- Interprets Rhythms and Arrhythmias. Demonstrates competency in using the cardiac monitoring system.
- Maintains Telemetry Supplies.
- Communicates effectively with staff, supervisors, ancillary department and other customers.
- Maintains a neat and organized work place.
- Acquires and maintains correct knowledge in hospital/unit information.