Clinical Nurse Coordinator-PACU-$5K Sign-on bonus
The PACU team at Sky Ridge Medical Center is a tight knit group of hard-working, dedicated nurses with a passion for improving lives.If you have leadership experience and are interested in becoming a part of our PACU nursing team, this could be your next career opportunity. Were hiring top RN talent today. Apply online now.
Why Choose Sky Ridge?
• Rated # 1 in safety by Consumer Reports
• Joint Commission Accreditation for spine, hip, knee and stroke programs
• Top performer in spine and orthopedics
• Sky Ridge surgeons rated Sky Ridge Surgical Services #1 in HealthONE
• OR team awarded HCA Presidents award
• Accredited cancer, breast cancer, bariatrics, stroke and cardiac programs
• Fast growing, acute-care facility with outstanding clinical outcomes
• Dedicated, multi-disciplinary teams
• Hospital thriving in one of the fastest growing, most livable counties in the country
• High patient satisfaction scores
• Focus on quality and safety
• Commitment to employee engagement and well being
The Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) provides overall management for patient care in the PACU. The PACU CNC demonstrates advanced knowledge and skills in the care of patients of the designated unit. The PACU CNC is trained in all areas of supervision and demonstrates basic and unit specific competencies. The PACU CNC provides patient care utilizing the nursing process - assessment, care planning, implementation, and reassessment - for identified patient populations per the Colorado Nurse Practice Act. The PACU CNC coordinates interdisciplinary communication and care. The delivery of care is based on the age, physical, psychosocial, cultural, safety and learning needs of the individual patient. The PACU CNC ensures patient care satisfaction, quality, and safety and promotes optimal patient outcomes. The PACU CNC supervises all PACU staff. The PACU CNC assists in completion of performance evaluations, counseling, and coaching of staff. The PACU CNC participates in hiring staff and in day-to-day operational supervision. The PACU CNC conducts team meetings, staff development, and education. The PACU CNC develops and maintains systems to promote internal and external customer satisfaction. The PACU CNC is responsible for ensuring department compliance with all state, federal, and healthcare regulatory agencies, including The Joint Commission, Health Department, QRS, etc. The PACU CNC is responsible for developing and evaluating performance initiatives for assigned units. The PACU CNC participates in fiscal management, including budget preparation, productivity management (PLUS), and minor equipment / capital equipment needs planning. The PACU CNC facilitates strategic planning goals and implementation in conjunction with Surgical Services Nurse Manager and Director. The PACU CNC is accountable for 3 clinical days per week, as well as administrative days. The PACU CNC assumes 24 hour accountability in absence of manager / director. Call is required.
Leads, coaches, develops, and recognizes staff to maximize performance and growth.
1. Supervises personnel providing direct patient care, with delegation of activities based on patient care needs and competencies of available patient care staff.
2. Provides direct and ongoing supervision of staff with regard to conflict resolution and personnel policy compliance, including input and/or completion of performance evaluations and disciplinary actions.
3. Assumes responsibility for resolving and/or channeling employee grievances according to appropriate procedures.
4. Teaches, supervises and serves as a resource for staff, assists with clinical procedures as needed.
5. Assesses need for and assists in implementation of staff development programs to enhance professional growth of personnel.
6. Facilitates ongoing performance improvement activities which correlate to the Hospital-wide Performance Improvement Program with involvement of all levels of staff on designated shift as appropriate.
7. Formulates staff schedule along with the Clinical Coordinator/Director.
8. Makes assignments for the present or following shift to provide for smooth transition and ensures appropriate assignments throughout shift to cover changing patient needs and staff availability due to absences, breaks, etc.
9. Self-assigns patients and functions as necessary based on patient needs and available resources on unit.
10. Communicates directly with the director/manager on unit and staff performance issues needing attention.
11. Maintains effective utilization and maintenance of manpower, equipment, and supplies.