ECMO Program Manager - PICU
Under limited general administrative direction, and in collaboration with physicians, perfusionist, midlevel providers, nursing staff and patients and families, manages the ECMO program for neonatal and pediatric departments.
- Advises and councils patients families with children placed on ECMO treatment; obtains required consent forms and ensures completion and compliance of policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the development of patients family education materials to ensure information is current and consistent with recent evidence, and the information is prepared in a manner that is at an appropriate reading level.
- Inputs and maintains charge records, and maintains required ECMO patients reports.
- Assists with staff scheduling to ensure there is ECMO service coverage in collaboration with leadership.
- Responsible for quality monitoring for patients ECMO therapy in the PICU and NICU.
- Researches and provides ongoing and updated resources and statistical data to patients family and staff as needed.
- Responsible for developing curriculum for training of ECMO specialist, delivering the training, and evaluating the competency on an ongoing basis.
- Manage performance issues of ECMO specialists and appropriately addressing any performance, behavioral, or competency concerns.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory control and ordering supplies and equipment for the ECMO program. Must have a general knowledge of the biomedical engineering standards for ECMO equipment and detail knowledge of ECMO supplies.
- Monitors ECMO pump hours and reviews other information as established for the service.
- Serves as the point of contact between TCH ECMO program and the Extracorporeal Life Support Organization (ELSO) registry and maintains ELSO records as needed.
- Serves as point of contact for ECMO contract workers, ensure appropriate documentation of competencies and other human resources requirements. Also, facilitates scheduling, monitors performance of contract works, and processes invoices for payment.
- Responsible to ensure the ECMO program meets all regulatory standards. Must maintain knowledge of all regulatory standards from multiple regulatory bodies and incorporate them into process and procedures for the ECMO program.
- Collaborates with other providers in the quality monitoring and research activities related to ECMO.
- Performs other duties as assigned.