Patient Care Technician PCT - In Patient Rehab - PRN
Parham Doctors Hospital, a campus of Henrico Doctors Hospital, is located in the west end of Richmond. Parham Doctors Hospital is a 200-bed facility offering medical and surgical programs including orthopedics, behavioral health, bariatrics, imaging, rehabilitation services, 24-hour emergency care, sleep disorder, podiatry, primary care, and occupational health. The Parham Doctors Hospital campus is home to The Orthopedic Hospital, one of the most honored joint and spine programs in the state.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Working under the supervision of a RN, the Patient Care Tech performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients
The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
- Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
- Ability to float to all units within the hospital where a need is presented.
- Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens.
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Functions in an organized and time conscious manner.
- Presents self in a professional manner.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers. Documents required information according to hospital policy.
- Answers telephones, maintains supplies, works on projects, including computer based projects, to support the department.
- Other duties as assigned to support the department.