Perioperative Services Technician - Operating Room (PRN)
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital is licensed for 382 beds and has been nationally recognized by Leapfrogs Hospital Safety Grade A. It receives international acclaim for its outstanding and dynamic kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs, setting record numbers for volume and outcomes. Methodist Specialty & Transplant Hospital is home to the Texas Transplant Institute, a nationally recognized center that recently performed the worlds first 16-way kidney donor exchange chain during three consecutive days at a single hospital.
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital earned designation as a Center of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Excellence from the American Society for Bariatric Surgery in 2008. Our Sexual Assault Response Team provides a compassionate environment for sexual assault survivors ages 13 and up. This program serves as a model for hospitals and agencies all over the world. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital under Locations.
The Perioperative Services Technician
performs a variety of delegated tasks under the supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN). Consistently applies knowledge of perioperative cleaning practices and assists the perioperative patient care team by maintaining a clean, well-organized, adequately stocked, and safe patient environment.
Essential Job Functions
1. Transports patients from unit to OR taking care to check the pre-op checklist is complete before transport.
2. Assists OR team in the setup of equipment to include transporting machines, tanks, and related peripheral supplies.
3. Cleans and cares for equipment when not in use and ensures equipment remains plugged-in and covered. Ensures all equipment is functioning properly and reports machine/equipment malfunctions to the unit manager.
4. Assists in the pre-operative and intra-operative positioning of patients.
5. Provides support services to staff, including running errands as directed by the RN Circulator or Anesthesiologist (i.e. between lab, supply room, blood bank, etc.) to assist with smooth operation and coordination of care for surgical services patients.
6. Performs room turnover and assists with other housekeeping functions as directed.