Registered Nurse (RN) Float Pool - Full Time Days
Registered Nurse (RN) Float Pool - Full Time Days, 36 hours per week - 7a-7:30p, every other weekend
Terre Haute Regional Hospital, Terre Haute, IN is looking for experienced and compassionate (RN) to join our Float Team. Must be open to working varying units based on staffing needs: Acute Surgical, Medical Oncology, Inpatient Rehab, Adult Psychiatric Unit and Intermediate Medical Care Unit. Great way to gain experience in acute care setting with differing levels of patient acuity and care protocol. Flexible scheduling!
Will include working every other weekend and holiday rotation requirements. Two years of Registered Nurse experienced preferred. American Heart Association BLS certification required, ACLS preferred.
is a 278-bed community-based medical center with comprehensive medical and surgical programs. Accredited by The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America, we are dedicated to our Mission, Values and Vision and are committed to providing quality, individualized patient care to the communities we serve.
Were more than a hospital, were a family!
- Awesome tuition reimbursement and educational resources, comprehensive benefits, caring culture and supportive team, plus outstanding leadership.
- First Wabash Valley Hospital to be designated as an Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Level II Trauma Center
- Regional Hospital recently earned a 5th-straight 'A' grade in Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade rankings
- The Paul Seibenmorgen Cancer Center at Terre Haute Regional Hospital has received the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer approval with commendation.
This position is designed to plan, assess, implement, and evaluate the ongoing delivery of care to assigned patients. Also performs nursing care in a holistic manner. Assists the management/charge nurse with responsibilities as needed.
- Performs and directs nursing procedures, prescribed treatments, based on knowledge of principles and practice of Registered Nurse.
- ACLS certified and maintains ACLS certification upon working in designated departments. ie, PACU, Surgery, Outpatient, Endoscopy, Radiology, Labor & Delivery, ER, ICU, Cath Lab, PCU, Special Diagnostics. (If not applicable, mark N/A.)
- In accordance with hospital policy, may insert I.V.s, administer I.V. medications, and begin blood product transfusion.
- Observes and records patient reactions to medication, I.V. therapy, blood transfusion, and treatment.
- Evaluates patients signs and symptoms; records and reports results. Sets priorities and modifies patient care in response to changing conditions by utilizing problem solving skills and exhibiting good judgment.
- Collaborates with physician regarding patient progress towards the outcome attainment. Assists physician during treatment and examination of patient and processes orders. Makes appropriate and timely notification to physician on patient condition changes.
- Receives and transcribes/checks physicians orders in a timely manner.
- Provides and documents patient and family education as needed.
- Maintains a current, written plan of nursing care or critical pathways for assigned patients.
- May function as a leader of nursing personnel and is responsible for their performance.
- Assists in the interpretation of hospital policies to co-workers, patients, visitors and students.
- Notifies staffing coordinator/supervisor of all the changes in complexity of patient care and staffing needs.
- Communicates with supervisor regarding patient, staffing, and other issues.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living including but not limited to bathing, positioning, range of motion, elimination, and ambulating.
- Communicates clinical outcomes with patient and family.
- Participates actively and constructively in quality improvement activities.
- All education and training are completed within the required time frame, including annual BLS.
- Performs efficiently with CPCS. Maintains ongoing training and proficiency with CPCS.
- Coordinates admission through discharge plans with case manager, patient, and family.
- Actively participates in the orientation of new personnel.
- Attends unit meeting, in services, and other educational programs.
- Floats to other units as needed.
- Performs other functions as assigned to meet the needs of the department.
- Willingness to identify and/or assumes activities relative to the developmental needs of the unit and the nursing department