RN Registered Nurse Ortho/Spine Nights
Come Join Pasco Hernando's only Level II Trauma Center!
REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER BAYONET POINT
Experience our commitment to compassion and care at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, part of the HCA West and Central Florida hospital system. Our 290-bed facility boasts many awards and accolades, particularly for our nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. Our dedication to patients is reflected in the ongoing recognition of our Centers of Excellence, which include:
Heart & Vascular Institute * Advanced Certification for Heart Failure * Chest Pain Center with PCI * Advanced Primary Stroke Center * Cancer Care
Located on Florida's West Coast, our suburban location just 45 minutes from Tampa offers a friendly work environment, award winning staff and the opportunity to strengthen your career.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has received interim designation as a Level II trauma center.
At HCA West and Central Florida's 15 hospitals we're not just caregivers, we're devoted to caring. Located throughout Tampa, St. Petersburg, Sarasota and the greater Orlando area, we're on a journey to reach new heights in service excellence for our patients. As an integral part of the nation's largest healthcare system with more than 15,000 healthcare professionals on our team, we foster an environment where you will be supported, valued and encouraged to grow.
The Ortho Spine RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.