RN/Registered Nurse - Medical Surgical
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Responsible for clinical management of the patient.
2. Functions as a Registered Nurse by role - modeling professional behavior.
3. Functions as a Charge Nurse/Resource Nurse.
4. Assures satisfaction of customers (patients, visitors, physicians and staff)
5. Participates and understands Quality Management activities.
6. Demonstrates effective communication skills.
7. Demonstrates understanding of hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
8. Promotes cost effective unit operations.
9. Documents nursing care utilizing the appropriate tools.
10. Maintains competencies in clinical areas and is responsible for professional growth and development.
11. Complies with professional, regulatory, governmental and departmental standards.
12. Participates in other duties as assigned.