This shift is variable 7 days a week.
Houston Northwest Medical Center - Houston, Texas
Surgical Technician - Operating Room
Since 1973, Houston Northwest Medical Center has been providing comprehensive healthcare to the North Houston communities. The hospital is known for its maternity and womens services, including a Level II Neonatal ICU, and for its cardiac care as well as bariatric and diabetes programs. In addition to its hospital emergency room, Houston Northwest Medical Center operates two urgent care centers
Houston Northwest Medical Center is currently accepting applications for Surgical Technician - Operating Room.
- The CST in the Operating Room undertakes the managerial responsibilities for one or more Specialty areas in the Main OR and/or Outpatient Surgery in coordination with the Nurse Supervisor, Educator, Manager and Director.
- The CST i is directly responsible for the performance of the Specialty, by coordinating, supervising, and providing high quality professional care for the surgical patient within the confines of the approved budget.
- She/he assesses and maintains the equipment, instruments, supplies and specialty items that may impact patient care.
- He/she will be a resource/preceptor for other staff members as needed.
- She/he acts as a scrub person, knowledgeable about the procedure being performed and able to anticipate the needs of the surgeon.
- Has the necessary knowledge and ability to ensure quality care in accordance with established nursing service standards of practice.
- Demonstrates working to achieve goals set previous evaluation
- Demonstrates professional behavior and conduct at all times.
- Shows functional and technical knowledge and skills to effectively perform and manage assigned surgical cases.
- Adheres to standards of practice, policy and procedure to ensure appropriate patient focused care.
- Demonstrates an awareness of cost containment and endevours to conserve where posilble.
- Maintains good working relationships with other team members, physicians and other hospital departments.
- Participates with RN to make sure all documentation is accurate.
- Practices all disciplines required for maintence of Universal Protocol and Retained Surgical Item Protocol.
- Participates in Performance Improvement Activity
- Precepts other staff members as needed