Vascular Access Registered Nurse
CarePoint Health- Christ Hospital
Coordinated Healthcare: That's the Point!
Main Function: Accountable and responsible for management of patients with difficult vascular access needs. Duties include:
- Placing and maintenance of Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters (PICC) lines
- Accessing port-a-caths
- Resource to bedside nurses who have tried but have been unable to obtain peripheral intra venous access
- Responder to code blues, code strokes and rapid responses to establish IV access and obtain any needed blood work
- Assist in obtaining IV access for patients in the chemotherapy day room.
- Provide instructional leadership for the program directed to health care professionals on when to request the assistance of the VAN Specialist and services available
- Communicate daily with the case management department on early identification of patients who would benefit from PICC line placement.
- Maintain data and report monthly to house wide PI and Infection Control on volumes for requests, turn around times from request to placement of PICC lines, and average LOS for patients requiring PICC placement and blood stream infections associated with PICCs.
Current NJ RN license, BLS, IV & EKG certifications required.
RN, IV Therapy/PICC line placement, ACLS required.
The RN must also possess exceptional customer service, communication, critical thinking, and independent decision making skills.
2-4 years of acute care nursing required
Full Time Day Shift
*An Equal Opportunity Employer
sult with primary physicians on appropriateness of PICC line placement and success or needed use