Supervisory RN (Patient Care Coordinator)
Work Schedule: Off Tours and Weekend (days/times/shift) 15:30-0000; 19000-0730, 2330-0800
Functional Statement Title/#: Supervisory Registered Nurse (Patient Care Coordinator)
Location: Downtown & UptownDivision/Nursing Service
- Assumes all technical and administrative responsibility for organizing, directing, and evaluating the patient care delivery system during non-administrative hours and represents the Associate Director for Nursing/Patient Care Services.
- Serves as a Point of Contact (POC) and Coordinator for nursing staff in all areas of Patient Care Services during off tours and holidays.
- Responsible for clinical and administrative decision-making related to all inpatient and long term care patients and must possess the ability to proactively plan and interact with all levels of nursing staff with the accountability of managing hospital staff in varying situations.
- Demands the dedication and commitment of an experienced nurse with a diverse clinical background to function in a leadership role, to include but not limited to, supervisor, role model, educator, and staff developer.
- Leads Rapid Response Teams and Act as a responder/resource for codes.
- Communicates staffing issues, patient census, availability of beds, bed-flow transfers/admissions and diversion status
All applicants are encouraged to apply online. You may also express your interest, obtain additional information about the position, or seek application assistance by emailing your resume to Phobe Burda, Nurse Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org or call (706) 733-0188 x2440.
Candidates must meet all the requirements identified in the VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G6, Nurse Qualification Standards http://vaww1.va.gov/ohrm/HRLibrary/Dir-Policy.htm
(1) U.S. citizenship. Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy. (2) Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6) (3) Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia. (4) Applicants must meet physical standards for the position. A physical examination prior to placement may be required. (5) RN's appointed to direct patient care positions must be proficient in spoken and written English.Grade Determinations: The following criteria must be met in determining the grade assignment of candidates, and if appropriate, the level within a grade:
- Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience.
Preferred Experience:ACLS Certification required with 90 days of hire, BSN and 2 years recent leadership/supervisory exerienceExperience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Physical Requirements: Heavy Lifting (45 lbs and over); Heavy Carrying (45 lbs and over); Straight Pulling (6 hours); Pushing (6-10 hours); Reaching above shoulder; Use of fingers; Both hands required; Walking (6-10 hours); Standing (6-10 hours); Kneeling (1 hour); Repeated bending (4 hours); Both legs required; Ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; Near vision correctable at 13" to 16"; Far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other; Ability to distinguish shades of colors; Hearing (aid permitted)
All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s):
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants:*Cover Letter
*Other Veterans Document
VA Form 10-2850a - Application for Nurses and Nurse Anesthetists (required) Available at the VA Forms website: http://www.va.gov/vaforms/search_action.asp?FormNo=10-2850&tkey=&Action=Search
Please use this checklist to make sure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, etc. You will not be contacted for additional information.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference for 5pt (TP), or 10pt (CP/CPS, XPP, XP), or for Sole Survivor Preference (SSP), on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section(s) provided. A legible copy of your DD214(s) indicating character of service, disability certification, SF-15 (if claiming 10 pt. preference) or if you are currently serving on active duty and expected to be released or discharged within 120 days; documentation related to your active duty service which reflects the dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Documentation is required for eligibility verification.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1955647.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.