Mental Health Advanced Practice Nurse (CNS/NP)
The Louis Stokes Cleveland Veterans Affairs Medical Center is recruiting for a full time Nurse Practitioners (NP) or Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNS) in mental health at the Mansfield Community Based Outpatient Clinic. The purpose of the position is to provide comprehensive mental/behavioral health care including primary care integration to a complex patient population in the outpatient setting. This involves coordinated care with an emphasis on preventive measures as well as treatment of chronic diseases. The NP or CNS will function interdependently with physicians and will be responsible for providing quality care, consultation, education and collaboration with other healthcare professionals.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
This position will remain Open for 30 days. There will be a first cut-off ofFriday, September 22,2017 and all eligible and qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager. Those applicants who apply after this date, and before the closing of the announcement, may still be considered for the position if it has not been filled.
In order to qualify for this position you must meet the following requirements:
- Citizen of the United States.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by a State accrediting agency and by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed: The National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration/licensure as a nurse practitioner in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia. In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- A Master's Degree from an academic program accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- A full and current certification as a Nurse Practitioner from the American Nurses Association or another nationally recognized certifying body.
Clinical Nurse Specialist:
- Citizen of the United States.
- Possess a Master's Degree from an academic program accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Licensure: possess a current, full, active and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the U.S. or in the District of Columbia.
- A full and current certification as a Clinical Nurse Specialist from the American Nurses Association or another nationally recognized certifying body.
Preferred requirements for this position for both CNS or NP are:
- Experience in the care and treatment of patients in an outpatient setting and experience with complex mental health/behavior health.
- Prescribing Experience
- Work independently and able to make highly competent professional judgments and decisions, solid clinical acumen, and provide support to physicians.
- Work in an interdisciplinary team.
- Patient/family education skills.
- Prescriptive Authority
- Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with additionalnursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience,OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related fieldwithno additional nursing practice/experience;OR a Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN)withno additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience,OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience;OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience,OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience,OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experienceOR a Master's degree in Nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 years ofnursing practice/experience,OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience;OR aDoctoral degree in Nursing or related field and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience.
In describing your experience, please be clear and specific. We will not make assumptions regarding your experience.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically, VA Handbook 5005/27, Part II, Appendix G-6 Nurse Qualification Standards. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Physical Requirements: Applicant must possess the ability to do the following: heavy lifting and carrying, 45 pounds and over; pulling, pushing and reaching above the shoulder; walking, standing, kneeling and repeated bending.
Please use this Checklist to ensure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, or ICTAP/CTAP documentation (for displaced Federal employees). You will not be contacted for additional information.
The following documents are required:
- CV or Resume (when listing previous employment please include month and year).
- Responses to the Occupational Questionnaire.
- If prior military service, include all copies of your DD-214 or proof of service as well as proof of disability, if applicable.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents:
You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 2007614
Note: If you applied online and your application is complete do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference for 5pt (TP), or 10pt (CP/CPS, XPP, XP), or for Sole Survivor Preference (SSP), on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section(s) provided. A legible copy of your DD214(s) indicating character of service, disability certification, SF-15 (if claiming 10 pt. preference) or if you are currently serving on active duty and expected to be released or discharged within 120 days; documentation related to your active duty service which reflects the dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Documentation is required for eligibility verification.