Registered (RN) PRN - Medical Telemetry
Bayshore Medical Center
- Pasadena, TX
Registered Nurse (RN) - Medical
Telemetry - PRN
Bayshore Medical Center
, a 345-bed facility has been a leader of the medical center in the Pasadena area for more than 50 years. With board-certified physicians, registered nurses, and expert technicians, the community has come to rely on us for top-quality, comprehensive and compassionate health care. We are a full-service acute care hospital.
is looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) - Medical Telemetry.
- Accurately documents in the patients record a description of the nursing care provided.
- Administers medication in a safe, knowledgeable and accurate manner. Follows laws, regulations, and hospital policy as it relates to controlled substances.
- Assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of care for assigned patients, including discharge planning, utilizing an interdisciplinary team approach.
- Assists the physician with examinations, tests and procedures.
- Carries out physician orders in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Completes and demonstrates proficiency with unit based clinical and age-appropriate nursing competencies.
- Complies with applicable hospital policy/procedure.
- Essential duties and responsibilities include the following: Provides general nursing care to assigned patients.
- Ethics and Compliance. Accountable for behaviors relative to the values articulated in the Mission & Values Statement - “Will act with absolute honesty, integrity and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives.” Accountable for attending annual Code of Conduct training.
- Monitors and observes the patient and accurately records changes in condition and reaction to medications and treatment.
- Notifies appropriate individuals of changes in condition and utilizes the established chain of command when necessary.
- Participates in hospital performance improvement activities to improve safety and patient outcomes.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Plans and coordinates patient/family teaching and assesses understanding of information provided.
- Promotes an atmosphere of collaboration and teamwork by exhibiting professional behavior that demonstrates a commitment to the provision of quality patient care and support of a professional working environment.
- Provides care and treatment that reflects appropriate infection control techniques and universal precautions.
- Respects the patients privacy and maintains confidentiality of health care and other information.
- Respects the rights of patients to include their cultural, psychosocial, and spiritual values.
- Responsible for knowing and complying with the rules and regulations relating to the education, licensure and practice of the professional nurse as set forth in the Nurse Practice Act, Texas Occupations Code and/or other statutes and regulations relating to the practice of professional nursing.
- Supports the vision, mission and values of the hospital.