Registered Nurse (RN) Labor %26 Delivery/OB
Registered Nurse (RN) Labor & Delivery/OB Full Time Nights - 36 hours per week, 7p-7:30a working every other weekend
Terre Haute Regional Hospital
is a 278-bed community-based medical center with comprehensive medical and surgical programs. Accredited by The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America, we are dedicated to our Mission, Values and Vision and are committed to providing quality, individualized patient care to the communities we serve. THRH strives to find the perfect life/work balance for our employees.
Were more than a hospital, were a family!
- Awesome tuition reimbursement, offering competitive pay, educational resources, comprehensive benefits, caring culture and supportive team, plus outstanding leadership.
- Dedicated management staff to help provide continued professional growth
- Full ability to self-schedule
- First Wabash Valley Hospital to be designated as an Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Level II Trauma Center Designation
- Regional Hospital recently earned a 4th-straight 'A' grade in Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade rankings
- The Paul Seibenmorgen Cancer Center at Terre Haute Regional Hospital has received the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer approval with commendation.
will perform care under the direction of the unit Nursing Leadership Team and the Director. Our Women's and Children's Services offers excellent and compassionate care for Labor, Anti & Post Partum, Newborns, GYN, NICU and Pediatric patients with a 7-beds capacity for Labor & Delivery and a 16-bed Pediatric unit. We are a Level II NICU with a neonatologist on staff.
The Labor and Delivery (L&D) Registered Nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures, and protocols of HCA. The L&D RN performs maternal assessments and provides appropriate interventions for patients who range in age from menses to menopause. The L&D Nurse performs fetal assessments and provides appropriate interventions. The Labor and Delivery RN uses appropriate interventions for OB pain management. The L&D RN performs and monitors OB anesthesia/analgesia and provides appropriate interventions. The RN communicates effectively with all members of health care team, utilizing verbal and written skills. The L&D Nurse responds to acute changes in unit and patient conditions. The RN demonstrates support of Lactation Services. The Labor and Delivery RN initiates and documents patient teaching including family and/or significant others. The RN performs Labor and Delivery surgical procedures. The Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse is expected to attend Unit Meetings as directed by the Nurse Manager and participate in continuing education programs to maintain competence and gain additional skills.