Registered Nurse - RN II Cardiovascular Telemetry
About Good Samaritan Hospital
Serving Silicon Valley since 1965, Good Samaritan Hospital
is a 474 bed acute care hospital. Our acute care hospital is located in the heart of Silicon Valley with two locations, the main campus in San Jose and Mission Oaks campus in Los Gatos. Good Samaritan Hospital is recognized as a leader in neurosciences, high-risk obstetrics, comprehensive cancer services, advanced cardiology and innovative surgery techniques. We were the first of five hospitals in the country and the first in Santa Clara County to become a Stroke Certified Hospital. We are also recognized for providing quality care by well-regarded organizations including:
- Joint Commission Top Performer Hospital on Key Quality Measures™
- ASMBS Accredited Bariatric Surgery Program & Designated Center of Excellence
- Joint Commission Accredited Comprehensive Stroke Center
- One of only three hospitals in the U.S. to receive a 5th consecutive Outstanding Achievement Award from the American College of Surgeon's Commission on Cancer
- County of Santa Clara designated STEMI Receiving Center
- ACR accredited in mammography, stereotactic breast biopsy, breast MRI and breast ultrasound
- NAPBC accredited in Breast Cancer Staging and Radiation Oncology
- CCS Certified Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit with pediatric surgery specialization
- CARF-Accredited Inpatient Rehab with special accreditation for stroke care
- Bay Area Parent Magazine Hall of Fame: Best Place to Have a Baby and Family Favorite
- Joint Commission Certified in Sepsis Care
- Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval for Hip and Knee Joint Replacement
- Designated Blue Distinction Center for Hip & Knee Replacement by Anthem Blue Cross
The 3 CVP East Telemetry Nursing teams are dedicated,
healthcare providers with excellent services for patients at Good Samaritan Hospital. Interested in joining this team? Apply online now.
Schedule: 0.8 (32 hours weekly), Shift: Evening shift, weekends rotate.
Internal Posting Period: 12/4/17 - 12/11/17
Under general supervision, provides clinically competent professional nursing care.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for patient assessment, development, implementation and coordination of the patients plan of care including the medical treatment plan and the evaluation of patient treatment. The Registered Nurse will function within the full scope of the RN licensure, according to the California Nursing Practice Act.
The Registered Nurse has primary accountability for monitoring patient outcomes. As the team coordinator of the patient care team (including but not limited to: physicians, registered nurses, licensed vocational nurses, technicians, and support and clerical staff), the Registered Nurse collaborates, directs, delegates, assigns, guides and serves as a resource to the department and the patient care team for patient care delivery.
The Registered Nurse promotes a cooperative working relationship with care team members, physicians, other disciplines and the public by facilitating and enhancing communication, displaying honesty and respect, displaying sensitivity to cultural and age differences, and expressing and accepting feedback in a professional manner.
The Registered Nurse supports the mission, philosophy and goals of the Good Samaritan Hospital.
We offer a generous compensation package including: Vacation, 401k, Dental, vision, life and disability insurance, wellness resources and flexible spending accounts, along with other voluntary benefit options and programs.