Registered Nurse Medical Surgical 4th Floor Per Diem
Registered Nurse - Surgical 4th Floor Orthopedics
University Hospital & Medical Center
At University Hospital and Medical Center, it's all about community. For almost 35 years we've transformed right alongside the South Florida community we serve. Today, we're a 317-bed facility that is fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO). Our team includes nearly 1,000 healthcare professionals and 550 physicians. We invite you to make our team even stronger.
University Hospital & Medical Center has been honored by being nationally recognized with many prestigious awards and accolades, including: awarded the Gold Seal of Approval by the Joint Commission, designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement, awarded the Disease Specific Care Certification for Orthopedic Joint Replacement and received the Five Star Excellence Award in Emergency Services.
University Hospital & Medical Center is a member of the nations leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortunes list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethispheres Worlds Most Ethical Companies for seven consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.
The Orthopedic RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required