Surgical Technician PRN
HCA has been recognized as a Worlds Most Admired Company
in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by Fortune Magazine. The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with physicians 130 surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which means NO nights, NO weekends, or On-call
will be required. The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team!
- Demonstrates necessary practical, technical, or specialized skills required for the role of the surgical technician in accordance with AST (Association of Surgical Technologist).
- Demonstrates basic knowledge and understanding of surgical procedures to enable proper performance of scrub duties and to anticipate the needs of the surgeon.
- Assists in preparing the operative suite for surgery by checking and gathering supplies, equipment, and instruments.
- Assists with patient positioning, skin preparation, and surgical draping according to surgeons protocol.
- Assists with application of dressing splints and casts.
- Ensures that surgical asepsis is maintained in the handling of instruments, sponges, sutures, drains, needles, and dressings.
- Assists in the turnover of the O.R. suites between cases, disposing of trash and linens, and cleaning of equipment and environmental surfaces, as required.
- Prepares procedure room for use the following day by bringing in equipment, setting up, "pulling cases" accurately, and reporting to supervisor items that are needed and not available.
- Maintains confidentiality of records and patient information at all times.
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program (preferred).
· One year experience in an operating room setting (preferably in an ambulatory surgery center).
· Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program as required per facility practice and state regulatory requirement; otherwise preferred.
· Valid BCLS Certification upon employment.***Online certification not acceptable.