||NYU School of Medicine is one of the nation's top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a cardiology Nurse Practitioner at our West Palm Beach Florida location.
In this role, the successful candidate Provision, coordination, and assurance of comprehensive nursing care using nursing process and pertinent standards of care, the diagnosis of illness and physical conditions, and performance of therapeutic, corrective, and prescriptive measures of the designated inpatient or outpatient patient population within a collaborative practice agreement established with a specific physician on the staff of NYU Medical Center West Palm Beach Office.
- Supports the mission, philosophy, standards, goals and objectives of the institution, department and service line.
- Plans and organizes care to meet individual patient needs and to ensure appropriate clinical resource utilization per protocols, pathways, and other means.
- Works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team including the attending physician to develop and implement the therapeutic plan of care for a group of patients and ensure communication with family members.
- Participates in the development and revision of interdisciplinary and nursing standards, patient and family education materials as relevant to area of practice and expertise.
- Works collaboratively with the attending physician to maintain timely and appropriate communication with family members, housestaff, other disciplines and ancillary services.
- Works collaboratively with nursing leadership to ensure timely communications with the nursing staff.
- Provides consultation about the therapeutic regimen to the nursing staff responsible for the patients care in the hospital setting.
- Facilitates the continuity of care across the continuum of services, e.g. home care, other facilities, appointments with MDs etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organizations Service Standards and incorporates them into the performance of responsibilities.
- Participates in designated activities related to professional nursing standards and regulations of relevant outside agencies.
- Functions as a respectful member of the health care team.
- Performs complete health history, physical examination and psychosocial assessment of patients within the designated practice or clinical unit.
- Orders customary laboratory, radiological and diagnostic studies per practice protocols, differentiates between normal/abnormal findings and follows protocols for abnormal findings, which may include referral to consulting physicians per customary pattern of the attending MD or with the collaborating physician.
- Formulates the plan of care, along with the attending physician, patient and family, based on expected goals of care and length of stay
- Works collaboratively with the attending physician, consulting physician(s), and other disciplines to identify, develop, and implement an appropriate plan of care that maximizes individual patient/family preference and enhances quality, access, and cost-effective outcomes.
- Prescribes in-patient and discharge medications according to New York State law, including controlled substances with DEA authorization.
- Prescribes medical equipment, devices, physical and occupational therapy, and home health services per practice protocol.
- Practices as a member of the allied health staff according to the rules and regulations of the Medical Staff and bylaws as outlined in the delineation of privileges.
- Evaluates treatment and health care plans for effectiveness and modifies per clinical standards and practice protocols.
- Considers needs and behaviors of specific patient age and cultural groups in all patient care.
- Promotes own professional growth and development in clinical and managerial role.
- Maintains current expertise in area of practice.
- Serves as a clinical expert and resource for the education of peers and other health professionals.
- Participates in the development and monitoring of patient outcomes per established practice protocols for purposes of quality and performance improvement.
- Uses evidence-based health care literature to advise and support appropriate practice changes within the designated service.
- Works collaboratively with nursing and other disciplines in the development and implementation of clinical studies within the area of expertise.
- Assists in the preparation, implementation, and evaluation of research protocols when applicable.
- Monitors and trends the cost effectiveness of the position, particularly as it relates to the efficiency and performance indicators established for the service.
- Licensure: Current registration as Professional Nurse in Florida State and Registration as Nurse Practitioner in Florida state.
- Education: Master's Degree in Nursing Establishes a written Collaborative Practice Agreement with an NYUHC attending physician;
- Credentialed through the Credentialing Committee of the Medical Board with Delineation of Privilege approved with role specific treatment privileges
- Certification required (as soon as feasible following graduation from NP graduate program) by ANCC or Board Certification from other specialty organization that certifies Nurse Practitioners in a clinical area of practice.
- ACLS, PALS, NRP Provider;(Neonatal Resuscitation Program), NALS per delineation of privileges; PRI Certification/Screening is optional
- Competence: ability to apply nursing process toward achievement of specific outcomes in an organized fashion, which addresses patient/family safety and satisfaction.2. Previous experience as a nurse practitioner is preferred.3. Evidence of excellent interpersonal skills, effective communication skills, creative problem solving and excellent critical thinking and leadership4. Previously demonstrated ability to facilitate group processes and work cohesively and collaboratively as member of the interdisciplinary team5. Effective change agent.6. Physical stamina, manual dexterity, visual and aural acuity to perform responsibilities.
Required Licenses: Nurse Practitioner - Florida
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU School of Medicine's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.