RN Critical Care
Founded in 1967, Doctors Hospital of Sarasota is a 155-bed facility located in the heart of Sarasota County, Florida. Doctors Hospital of Sarasota (DHoS) is part of the HCA North/West Florida Division of Hospitals, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery and diagnostic imaging facilities, and a complete continuum of specialized healthcare programs that meet the healthcare needs of residents and businesses in North, West and Central Florida & Georgia communities. Our parent company, HCA, is the nations leading provider of healthcare services.
In addition to being named among the Top 100 in the nation by Thomson Reuters, Doctors Hospital received the Everest Award for being both a 100 Top Hospital current performance winner and one of the 100 most improved hospitals on their five-year trend performance. DHoS has also been repeatedly named among the Top 101 Hospitals with Great Orthopedic Programs by Beckers Hospital Review.
At DHoS, we utilize complete computerized charting (“Electronic Health Record”) for our patient assessment and care documentation. We also utilize eMAR, our electronic medication administration record for the delivery of all medications provided to our patients, which has significantly reduced errors associated when administering medications. In 2013, Doctors Hospital implemented our CPOE (Computerized Physician Order Entry) application called “Advanced Clinical's”.
Our Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
is a 16-bed unit, offering exceptional care for the patients we serve. Our Registered Nurse take pride in nursing.
- Skill Mix: Registered Nurse, RN, Unit Secretary
- Major Equipment Used: IV pumps, Dinamaps, Dopplers, SCD machines, Feeding pumps, CRRT, PACS, Accucheck machines, Standard Critical Care Equipment including Ventilators, BIPAP, Balloon Pumps
- ICU hosts a variety of patient acuities/diagnoses including: Medical, Surgical, Cardiac, Neuro, Pulmonary, and Pre/Post Cardiac Cath Lab (Diagnostic and PCI cases).
- Special Certifications Needed: BLS and ACLS through the American Heart Association; National Institute of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) certification required - available online at http://www.strokeassociation.org/.
- Special Competencies/Skills Needed: Prior critical care nursing experience desired; prior formal critical care internship program preferred; prior telemetry training/experience preferred with ability to demonstrate proficiency in rhythm interpretation
- Schedules: 12-hour shifts (0700-1930, 1900-0730); Full Time is considered 36 hours per week, including every other weekend; overtime available, but not mandatory; Self-scheduling is available
- Dress code: Professional scrubs (individual provides their own)
- Lifting equipment available: Opera, Encore, Maxislides, Z-slides
- For further services provided at DHoS, please visit our main hospital website at http://www.doctorsofsarasota.com/ and click on the “Services” link.
At HCA North, West, Central Floridas and Georgias 33 hospitals we're not just caregivers, we're devoted to caring. Located on the entire Gulf Coast of Florida, in Orlando and Georgia, we're on a journey to reach new heights in service excellence for our patients. As an integral part of the nations largest healthcare system with more than 30,000 healthcare professionals on our team, we foster an environment where you will be supported, valued and encouraged to grow while experiencing the latest technology, enthusiastic coworkers and great benefits all in an upscale resort-like community.
Make excellence your goal by joining Doctors Hospital of Sarasota. To learn more and to apply, go to www.DoctorsofSarasota.com .