RN Pediatric CVOR (Open Heart Surgery)
Medical City Dallas
RN - Registered Nurse - Pediatric CVOR - Peds Open Heart Surgery
The CVOR (Open Heart) RN (Registered Nurse) performs direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act, with emphasis on the Open Heart Surgery Patients/Surgical Services.
- Implement and direct care, using the nursing process with emphasis on the needs of individual OR patients
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the nursing process
- Provide emotional support of the patient and significant others to make informed choices regarding health care
- Delegate tasks to the appropriate caregiver
- Participate in Surgical Services specific initiatives and process improvement
- Promote a supportive OR environment
- Provide supervision of new employees, patient care assistants, vocational nurses, nurse technicians, student nurses and/or nurse externs
- Maintain high quality (age specific) care for adolescent, adult and geriatric patients as assigned
- Support the mission, vision and values of the organization
- Provides pre and post-surgical care of patients ranging from infant to geriatrics who will have (or have had) general anesthesia, epidural/spinal anesthesia and IV sedation
- Monitors all patients for airway and pain management
- Proficient in interpretation of EKG changes, lab values and hemodynamic monitoring
- Provides care to patients receiving high-risk intravenous therapies and blood components
- Performs direct patient care in the peri-operative patient with duties related in developing a surgical plan of care throughout the continuum
- Following competency verification; may perform and monitor conscious sedation and blood/blood products administration
- Propose the plan of care for pre and post-operative/pre and post-procedure patient
medical center located in far North Dallas that is designed with the health and well-being of the entire family. Prevention of disease is our focus, but treatment, when necessary is by some of the most highly specialized physicians in the country. In fact, patients travel to Medical City from over 75 countries and from all over the United States for the sophisticated treatment offered by some of its 400 in-house physician specialists….where they have access to the latest and most sophisticated technology. Over 95 different medical and surgical sub-specialists are housed within the “City”. Our medical center offers a full service adult and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, outpatient centers, and a psychiatric hospital. Being recognized for their excellence in patient care, Medical City has received numerous awards including the Joint Commissions highest honor bestowed to hospitals in the United States.
Why work for HCA:
Click the Link to find out more about our Benefits and what our employees have to say about working with Medical City.
For additional information contact Jamie Revill at 972-322-4166 or Jamie.firstname.lastname@example.org