Registered Nurse, RN - Arrhythmia Care Unit - 10 Bed Cardiology Unit (Night Shift)
As one of the largest facilities in the nations largest hospital system (HCA), Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of healthcare services. With 466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also a state-authorized Level II trauma center and we offer Central Virginias only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists.
The Arrhythmia Care Unit is a 10 bed stepdown unit that opened in April, 2014. Typical patient population includes new onset Atrial Fibrillation, antiarrhythmic drug loading and dosing, and post-electrophysiology catheterization lab procedures.
- The RN Arrhythmia Care Unit
will perform care under the direction of the unit Nursing Leadership Team and the Director.
- The Registered Nurse provides therapeutic and administrative services necessary for the care of the patient, in support of HCA ethical principles and values.
- The RN is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting all aspects of patient care.
- The Registered Nurse delegates appropriate tasks to unlicensed personnel and provides required supervision.
- The RN works closely with all health care providers to facilitate and coordinate efficient, effective, and quality healthcare.
- The Registered Nurse communicates effectively and maintains therapeutic relationships with patients, families, physicians, and staff.
- The RN evaluates patients signs and symptoms; and records and reports results. The Registered Nurse sets priorities and modifies patient care in response to changing conditions by utilizing problem solving skills and exhibiting good judgment.
- The RN collaborates with physicians regarding patient progress towards the outcome attainment.
- The Registered Nurse assists physician during treatment/examination of patient and processes orders.