Registered Nurse Charge RN Intermediate Care/Stroke Unit - PRN
Registered Nurse Charge RN Intermediate Care/Stroke Unit PRN
Terre Haute Regional Hospital
is a 278-bed community-based medical center with comprehensive medical and surgical programs. Accredited by The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America, we are dedicated to our Mission, Values and Vision and are committed to providing quality, individualized patient care to the communities we serve. THRH strives to find the perfect life/work balance for our employees.
Were more than a hospital, were a family!
- Awesome educational resources, comprehensive benefits, caring culture and supportive team, plus outstanding leadership.
- Dedicated management staff to help provide continued professional growth
- Full ability to self-schedule
- First Wabash Valley Hospital to be designated as an Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Level II Trauma Center Designation
- Regional Hospital recently earned a 4th-straight 'A' grade in Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade rankings
- The Paul Seibenmorgen Cancer Center at Terre Haute Regional Hospital has received the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer approval with commendation.
We are looking for compassionate and skilled nursing professional to join our 29-bed Intermediate Care/Stroke Unit (IMC) for a PRN Charge RN position. On IMC we offer exceptional care for critically ill
patients including those who have had Open Heart surgery, Myocardial Infarction, Hypertensive/Hypotensive, Arrhythmia, Stroke Rule Out/Neuro Care and those who need Arterial Line Monitoring.
Essential Core Functions:
- These core functions are in addition to the ones outlined on the IMC Registered Nurse Job Description.
- Coordinates patient placement within the unit according to acuity, skill mix and staff availability.
- Assists in identifying and addressing educational needs of the unit along with coordinating staff education.
- Recognizes when staff are in crisis and facilitates interventions to assist.
- Facilitates rounding with physicians.
- Keeps informed of patient condition changes, making appropriate clinical decisions.
- Manages patient flow and ensures staff turn-over rooms efficiently.
- Participates in the day-to-day operations of the department, under the supervision of the Manager and/or Director, by assisting with the following list below but not limited to:
- Acts as a clinical and operations person maintaining current knowledge of clinical practice and departmental operations.
- Prepares staff assignments.
- Plans daily staffing coverage according to department needs and appropriate skill mix.
- Adheres to the staffing plan and monitors staffing level on a daily basis.
- Interviews applicants and makes recommendations to the Manager and/or Director.
- Attends recruitment events and represents the department when requested.
- Reviews designated reports and facilitates improvements in nursing documentation and care.
- Facilitates compliance with quality indicators.
- Provides accountability to staff on unit including positive reinforcement, verbal counseling and coaching.