OR Technician PRN
John Randolph Medical Center is a community hospital serving Virginias Hopewell, Colonial Heights, Petersburg and surrounding communities since 1915. At our hospital, you can access the advanced technology and sophisticated treatments typically found in larger medical centers, alongside high-quality, expert care and a welcoming environment.The OR Technician will:
- Utilizes principles of aseptic technique in creating and maintaining a sterile field.
- Demonstrates competency in scrubbing as it relates to unit scope of care.
- Plans and provides equipment and supplies based on patient and physician needs.
- Promotes cost containment while delivering quality patient care within the operating room.
- Works as a member of the Surgical Services Team to promote teamwork.
- Demonstrates flexibility to perform other functions within Surgical Services and procedural areas to assist in the smooth operation of the departments and maintain competencies as appropriate.
- Pursues own professional growth through continuing education and in services.
- Participates in department on-call assignments and demonstrates flexibility to cover staffing as needed.
- Adheres to hospital policies and procedures; supports the mission of the hospital.
- Other duties as assigned.