Monitor Technician PRN
We are seeking a knowledgeable Monitor Technician PRN who is ready to apply their education, experience, and skills to our critical care services!
Come join our family at Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center (SRMC), a 126-bed acute facility,located in the beautiful city of Fredericksburg, known for its charm, family owned shops, and local restaurants. SRMC is an HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) facility making it a very secure and reputable facility to work with. HCA is one of the largest healthcare systems throughout the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are endless!
The Monitor Technician
· Accountable for monitoring hospital wide inpatient telemetry system
· Run & post rhythm stripes at designated intervals
· Initiate code blues, if appropriate
· Interpret rhythms & validate computer readout
· Check & verify lead placement on patients
· Compare posted strip to previous strip & notify nursing staff of changes
· Notify nursing staff of any changes in cardiac rate/rhythm
· Recognize & respond to unusual or abnormal patient condition
· Records patient condition utilizing computerized documentation systems.
· Orients and mentors new staff members.
· Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
· Adheres to Hospital policies and procedures. Supports mission of SRMC.