The HCA Physician Services Group (PSG) is the physician solution for the Hospital Corporation of America. PSG makes it easier for physicians to practice medicine by reducing the burdens of managing an independent practice and infusing the best clinical and operational standards in every office. With 13,000 employees that work in more than 790 practices across 21 states, PSG is leading the way by delivering high quality, cost effective health care in communities across the country.
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and growth opportunities. Join our team and share your skills and talents with the nation's largest private provider of healthcare services.
The Medical Assistant is a key member of the Physician Practice and provides clinical expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Scheduling and canceling patient appointments
2. Checking-in and checking-out patients
3. Entering charges and payments
4. Answering the telephone
5. Verifying patient insurance and demographics
6. Collection of co-payments/coinsurance and personal balances
7. Performs selected administrative duties and assists nursing staff.
8. May collect patient specimens.
9. Takes patient histories and vital signs.
10. Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
11. Gives injections, and applies casts, splints, and dressings, as applicable.
12. Prepares and maintain supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
13. Assists physician in preparing for minor surgeries and physicals.
14. Perform other duties as required.
15. Must read, understand, and adhere to all Physician Services policies and procedures.
16. Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct and Mission and Value Statement.
Practices certified as Patient Center Medical Home include these additional job duties:
17. Coordinates continuity of patient care with external healthcare organizations and facilities and referrals from the primary care provider to a specialty care provider.
18. Participates on a team for data collection, health outcomes reporting, audits and programmatic evaluation related to Patient Centered Medical Home.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: This position requires the following minimum requirements:
Knowledge of medical practice and care to assist in giving patient care.
Knowledge of examination, diagnostic, and treatment room procedures.
Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
Skill in assisting in a variety of treatments and medications as directed.
Skill in taking vital signs.
Skill in maintain records and recording test results.
Ability to maintain quality control standards.
Ability to interpret and apply guidelines and procedures.