St. Mark's Hospital provides a full array of services to the surrounding community, including the following service lines: cardiac, nicu, orthopedics, behavioral health, skilled nursing, acute rehab, as well as many others. St. Mark's is the oldest running hospital in Utah with rich traditions and a reputation for excellent patient care and quality outcomes. St. Mark's Hospital is nestled at the foot of the Wasatch Mountains and only a stones's throw away from many national parks, including Moab, Zion, Canyonlands, etc.
Registered Nurse ICU:
The ICU/CCU RN manages the nursing care of critically ill patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The ICU consists of 18 beds and the shift runs from 7-7.
The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.