Cardiac Device Technician
The HCA Physician Services Group (PSG)
is the physician solution for the Hospital Corporation of America. PSG makes it easier for physicians to practice medicine by reducing the burdens of managing an independent practice and infusing the best clinical and operational standards in every office. With 13,000 employees that work in more than 790 practices across 21 states, PSG is leading the way by delivering high quality, cost effective health care in communities across the country.
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and growth opportunities. Join our team and share your skills and talents with the nation's largest private provider of healthcare services.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Provide thorough, proficient pacemaker and AICD interrogation and re-programming to cardiac device patients in person, remotely, and/or via phone transmission. Responsible for initial device analysis, preliminary report generation, and alerting physician or non-physician practitioner to urgent issues requiring further attention.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Interrogate, interpret, and re-program cardiac devices with minimal physician supervision.
2. Trouble shoot critical device issues and take immediate steps toward resolution.
3. Collaborate with physicians regarding device status and accurately document device analysis in EMR for review.
4. Educate patients on all aspects of their device including remote monitoring and follow-up protocol.
5. Ensure charges are accurately captured for device interrogation.
6. Schedule patients for device appointment follow up in EMR and remote website. Immediately contact “no show” patients to ensure they are re-scheduled.
7. Assist EP nurses and non-physician practitioners in the delivery of patient teaching.
8. Consistently travel to regional offices for assigned device clinics.