RN-Caregiver Support Coordinator
* The grade and salary will be based on a recommendation by the Professional Standards Board and approved by the Medical Center Director.
* Applicants will be required to complete electronic credentialing through VetPro.
* Applicants must be a citizen of the United States and must be proficient in spoken and written English as required by 38 U.S.C. 7402(d), 7407(d).
*Applicant must meet the physical requirements of the position (See VA Directive and Handbook 5019).
* Selective Service registration is required for males born after December 31, 1959
DUTIES: The Caregiver Support Coordinator (CSC) is a Nurse Program Coordinator whose primary responsibilities are to provide clinical evidence based services and interventions; program development, in coordination with primary Caregiver Support Coordinator, caregiver, Veteran and staff education on caregiver issues; community outreach; resource development; continuous quality improvement activities; and evaluation/consultation. In addition the incumbent must be a skilled communicator capable of developing effective partnerships with local, state and federal agencies as well as non-governmental organizations. He/she is administratively responsible, in coordination with primary Social Work CSC, for the clinical programming and daily operations of the program. Develops policies and procedures for program operation and prepares reports and statistics for facility, VISN, and national use. The incumbent may be responsible for the program's budget and various control points assigned to the program within the assigned areas. In addition, the selected individual manages and controls the use of data related to these programs regarding day to day functioning and program evaluation. In conjunction with the Service Chief, plans, organizes and directs administrative, operational, caregiver, Veteran and personnel activities for the service.
Tour of Duty: Full Time. Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. Evening and weekend hours may be required.
Title: RN-Caregiver Support Coordinator/Functional Statement
Relocation expenses are not authorized.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Citizen of the United States. Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia. In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. Must be proficient in spoken and written English. Gradated of a NLN accredited school of nursing, current license as a Registered Nurse and Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN).
PREFERRED QUALIFACTION:Master in Nursing (MSN).
Applicant's education and length of nursing practice (experience) will be considered by a Nurse Professional Standards Board in determining the grade and salary of the applicant selected.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Stand and maintain balance for the assigned work shift, Walk for long periods of time and significant distances no more than six (6) hours, Able to bend, stoop, kneel, grab, grasp, climb stairs, and squat while performing patient care activities. He/she must have full range of motion in the involved joints, Lift, move, or transfer patients without any personal limitations or physical restrictions, Lift or move objects without any personal limitations or physical restrictions, Push, pull or carry equipment, supplies, wheelchairs, Carroll chairs, treatment carts, medication carts of any size, or other devices without any personal limitations or physical restrictions, Maintain physical tolerance and endurance while providing nursing care for the assigned work shift, Perform manual psychomotor skills utilizing fine motor skills, Type/keyboard and/or write with pen or pencil, Able to hear call bells, emergency alert systems, telephones, pagers, and patient/staff verbalizations, Able to see IV drips, medical equipment calibration numbers, 6 point font print and objects of similar size, Have olfactory senses intact to identify essential smells relevant to patient care to include bodily fluids, microscopic infestations, and environmental emergencies, Have tactile abilities to accurately detect changes in body temperature, changes in skin integrity and physical changes in the patient's body such as lumps, bumps, etc.
REQUIREMENTS (Failure to comply may be grounds for withdrawal of an offer of employment, or dismissal after appointment):
AnOF-306, Declaration for Federal Employment (version dated January 2001),must be submitted prior to appointment. This form is available at www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf.
You must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. CV or Resume. (must include hours worked per week and start/end dates of employment - month & year). If you submit a resume with inappropriate material e.g. photos, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
2. VA Form 10-2850a - Application for NurseandNurse Anesthetist (Available at http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-2850a-fill.pdf) (required for External applicants).
3. Optional Form 306 - Declaration for Federal Employment (Available at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf).
4. Veterans, include a Member 2 copy of of your DD Form 214 (required). Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must also complete and submit an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference (available at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf).
5. If currently employed in the Federal Government, include latest SF-50 - Notification of Personnel Action. (required).
6. If currently employed in the Federal Government or a former federal employee, include copy of latest or lastPerformance Appraisal.