Admissions Nurse - $2,500 sign-on bonus
2 days left
- Full Time
Founded in 1975, Hospice by the Bay (HBTB) was California’s first hospice and was the second in the nation. The nonprofit currently serves children of all ages, adult patients and their families in the counties of Marin, San Francisco, San Mateo, Sonoma, and the cities of Napa, American Canyon and Vallejo. A pioneer in the field for more than 40 years, HBTB affiliated with UCSF in 2015.
Hospice by the Bay is seeking an Admissions Nurse to join their team in San Francisco/San Mateo. The nurse in this role will provide information about services to potential agency patients and admit patients to agency's total care category of service in coordination with team leaders and in compliance with organization policies and procedures. The start time for this position is flexible either 11:30 a.m. or 12 noon.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Screen and process inquiries for admission to Hospice by the Bay's total care category.
- Determine patient's eligibility for hospice care.
- Make telephone contact and/or assessment visits with potential hospice patients to provide information on agency services and/or assess patient's status.
- Assist with implementation and coordination of services required for discharge of patients from hospitals into agency's program of care.
- One year experience as a professional nurse in the past three years or Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited School of Nursing
- Experience in acute care/home health and/or hospice setting preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Public Health Nursing certification highly desirable.
- HPNA certification preferred.
- Current California Driver’s License and automobile insurance that meets State of California requirements, if driving a car.
This full time position offers competitive pay, benefits and a supportive work environment with a $2500 sign-on bonus