Palliative Care Nurse - $2,500 sign-on bonus
Palliative Care Nurse
Founded in 1975, Hospice by the Bay (HBTB) was California’s first hospice and was the second in the nation. The nonprofit currently serves children of all ages, adult patients and their families in the counties of Marin, San Francisco, San Mateo, Sonoma, and the cities of Napa, American Canyon and Vallejo. A pioneer in the field for more than 40 years, HBTB affiliated with UCSF in 2015.
We are seeking a passionate, knowledgeable Palliative Care Nurse (PCRN) for the San Francisco & Marin area. This position is part of a multidisciplinary team providing specialized medical care for people with chronic and/or complex conditions. While focused on community-based palliative care, this role will be cross-trained in hospice care to ensure a seamless transition for patients who may need end-of-life services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Provide palliative nursing evaluations to patients and their families including assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Attend hospital clinical rounds and provide palliative care input as appropriate.
- Seek input from other team members regarding patient plan of care to obtain additional knowledge and support.
- Maintain regular communication with attending physician, facility staff, and others as needed regarding patient/family care needs, response to interventions and other issues.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s in clinical field of nursing or clinical field related to nursing.
- Experience in an acute care, home health or hospice setting preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current California Driver’s License and automobile insurance that meets State of California requirements, if driving a car.
This full time position offers competitive pay, generous benefits and an outstanding community of dedicated colleagues and has a
$2500 sign on bonus available for this position.