RN Float Pool Full-Time
*****************SIGN-ON BONUS and RELOCATION OFFERED***************
Our northern Utah facility serves a large community with our variety of services including: a cancer treatment center, women's services, cardiology services, and an alcohol and chemical dependency treatment center as well as many others. We were listed in the Truven Health Analytics top 100 hospitals for 2013 and continue our path of excellence in healthcare. Ogden Regional is at the heart of the mountains with over six ski resorts within an hour's drive. There is also a great downtown area with restaurants and shops to satisfy all tastes. With a great university down the road and many schools within driving distance, this hospital is in a great central location to meet all your family's needs.
Registered Nurse Float Pool:
The Registered Nurse (RN) delivers nursing care to patients who are consistent with the RNs knowledge and skills that are in accordance with hospital policy and procedures. Promotes a positive teamwork environment, which emphasizes respect to all including, patients, families, physicians, staff and other departments.
This Float Pool Nurse will float to all units of the hospital; initially will enter the float staff starting on the Med/Surg Unit and then progress with advancing orientation.
The Registered Nurse (RN) delivers nursing care to patients who are consistent with the RN's knowledge and skills that are in accordance with hospital policy and procedures. Promotes a positive teamwork environment, which emphasizes respect to all including, patients, families, physicians, staff and other departments.
- Utilizing the nursing process provides care for patients with a variety of diagnosis.
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care to the adolescent, adult and elderly population.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs.
- Cares for patients requiring long term pain management.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Responds to all emergencies as needed.
- Floats to other departments as needed.